Updated – 26th January 2018
PrizeTopia (United Kingdom) is the registered owner of this prize draw service website and owns all rights, including the site’s respective IP, copyrights and trademarks.
We are committed to protecting the security of the data that you provide us with and we will seek to ensure that your personal data, along with your consent usage permissions are handled and maintained in a secure and data-protection compliant environment at all times.
Purpose Of This Privacy Statement
1. This statement discloses how we manage, use and protect user’s personal information obtained while using the site.
2. We will only use or share your personal information in a manner that is in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and as stated within the registration opt-in definition, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
Collection And Use Of Your Personal Information
3. We collect personal information when you visit our website. Personal information or personal data means the information you provide during the registration process and any information you provide when entering prize draws. Registration may be required to participate, but browsing does not require registration.
4. We may collect the following information on you:
– Your name, Your title, Your date of birth, Your contact information, including email and phone numbers, Demographic information, Your address and postcode, Your response to specific prize draws.
– Your consent to receive further marketing communications from us and our selected partners via various different media.
Your Information And Our Sponsors
5. We use your personal information collected via the PrizeTopia website to:
– Provide you with information about the prize giveaways we offer. Provide you with a more personalised service. Conduct market research. Run prize draws and promotions. Pass on your details to selected companies which provide you with other offers and promotions of interest to you. Help other companies profile and extend their databases. Facilitate communication between yourself and others. For analysis purposes or to build data products. In these instances, the information is aggregated and wherever possible anonymised in line with the Information Commissioner’s code of practice. Again, these products are of a marketing nature.
6. We may process your personal data ourselves or through data processors that will process data on our behalf (in which case we will remain responsible for ensuring the data processor complies with this policy and all current data protection regulations).
7. Depending on the consents that you set up at the time of registration and what personal information we hold about you, we may pass your personal information to Site Sponsors, Brand Partners or Data Partners who may contact you by post, email and telephone for direct marketing purposes.
Your Information And Our Sponsors
8. Your ‘Registration Details’ (and other details depending on which prize giveaways you chose to participate in on PrizeTopia) may be shared, by way of either single or multiple use data licences, with selected Data Partners who may then contact you by email, text message, telephone or post depending on the consents that you supplied us at the time of registration or subsequently.
9. We usually only permit Data Partners to use these details to contact you for a pre-specified limited period and they, like us, are obliged to comply with all relevant data protection requirements regarding their holding and use of these details including screening (according to the method used to contact you) against the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS) prior to use.
10. Participating Data Partners may also use your personal information for the purposes of fraud prevention, e.g.: anti-money-laundering and debt tracing according to their privacy policies.
Entering A Prize Draw
11. All prize draws on PrizeTopia are sponsored by a third-party. The personal information that you submit when entering the prize giveaway will be used to administer the competition and may be shared with the prize sponsor and our Data Partners.
12. Some prize draws on PrizeTopia have additional provisions for how your personal information is used. Please ensure you read the particular terms and conditions for each prize draw before taking part in those prize draws.
14. Third-party sponsors are able to send you communications via email or post only until such time as you exercise your right to opt out of receiving such communications. However, please be aware that marketing campaigns are often planned well in advance, so your changes will be accepted immediately, but may not be effective immediately.
15. Third-party sponsors have their own privacy policies and some have their own opt-in statements. It is strongly recommended that you read and understand this information.
Security And Storage Of Your Personal Information
16. PrizeTopia stores all data collected in an encrypted environment and only for as long as is necessary. However, despite our best efforts the Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via the Internet. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
17. If you would like to amend/delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact us using the Contact Us page.
18. In order to enable you to use this website with Patreon services, we save certain functionally important Patreon information about you in this website if you log in with Patreon.
These include your Patreon user id, Patreon username, your first, last names and your vanity name. Additionally, the id of your campaign at Patreon and your campaign’s Patreon URL are also saved.
If you request that your data be deleted from this website, this data will also be deleted and Patreon functionality will not work. You would need to register on this website and log in to this website with Patreon again in order to re-populate this data and have Patreon functionality working again.
Changes To This Policy
19. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2018 and will be revised as needed to fully comply with updated technologies and legislation.